Phoenix - key recover source?

BSimon1234@AOL.COM BSimon1234@AOL.COM
Thu, 20 May 1999 01:11:49 EDT

Eliot Lee wrote;

<<try Wirt Harvey.  He made a jig for me ....Didn't you sell an Peterson key
milling jig
a while back?  Now I guess you need it.....what technique do you use?>>

Thanks Eliot.

You have a good memory, but it was "Oslund" key equipment, - very nice
machines.

Actually,  I was asking the question for another piano technician who is
"internet challenged."    I recover my own keys using a vertical mill and
plastic/solvent glue. I just don't  think PVC-E glue works very well. ( at
least for me and the PVC-E glue that I have tried - I also think that rubber
cement is terrible - and I like the way plastic /solvent glue, "ivorine
cement", bites into the plastic of the top and soaks into the key, welding
the two together.

Bill Simon
Phoenix