What the...??

Richard Brekne richardb@c2i.net
Thu, 20 May 1999 20:52:53 +0200

List

Just ran into a rebuilt hamburg B. It has this really strange quality of
sound. Starting with the first unwound string, and continuing up about
to c6 there is this extremely loud and annoying... how shall I describe
it.. "WOWAAaaaaaaa" sort of beat. It cycles once, encompases all
partials and disapears. I tried taping the bridge, bottoming bridge
pins, etc. and no difference.. Running a roller along the length of the
string seemed to quite it a bit for a few minutes, but then it returns
full strenght..

Any ideas what this is about ?

Richard Brekne