Hardman Grand

dporritt dporritt@swbell.net
Thu, 20 May 1999 19:14:41 -0500

If you have a Rener sample kit, try the wippen with no heal and see what you
can assemble.  For out of production pianos the parts kit is indispensable.

dave

David M. Porritt, RPT
Meadows School of the Arts
Southern Methodist University
Dallas, Texas
dporritt@swbell.net <mailto:dporritt@swbell.net>

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-pianotech@ptg.org [mailto:owner-pianotech@ptg.org]On Behalf
Of MMiccio@AOL.COM
Sent: Thursday, May 20, 1999 6:00 PM
To: pianotech@ptg.org
Subject: Re: Hardman Grand

Hi Avery and list,

I have the action and keys for a Hardman grand sitting here waiting for me
start replacing the action.  It was restrung a few years ago by someone else
and they put Yamaha hammers on the original shanks. It is now a little too
heavy and too bright.  and since the repetitions are comming apart at the
glue joints it was time to rebuild the action.  I am planning to go with
Renner-lite hammers and I am looking for a suggestion for new repetitions. I
had great sucess with the Renner-lite (Light weight) on a Bosendorfer
rebuild
I did last year, the only surprise was that they really were light!  I had
individually lead the hammer mouldings to match the original hammers, (added
almost a gram to each)  but they sang very well, with no need to harden, and
just normal voicing to bring out the roundness of the sound.

Does anyone have repetition recommendations?