Stringing materials estimates (tech)

JIMRPT@AOL.COM JIMRPT@AOL.COM
Mon, 24 May 1999 15:44:33 EDT

In a message dated 5/24/1999 2:37:51 PM, Roger wrote:

<<"It would be a real hassle trying to be exact, the time spent calculating
the amount of wire used, would pay for the wire.">>

Ron;
 I agree with Roger here. Nevertheless!! I have a 'scientific' method of
keeping track of wire used :-)
I use wire on the 1/3 lb reels with brake....because my lack of coordination
causes me to chase, or run from, spontaneously uncoiling wire from
cannisters :-(.

 I decided to keep track of the number of empty envelopes, in which the reels
came, in the trash after stringing each of10 pianos...the average was 7-8
envelopes, ergo I had used aprox that much wire on each of the 10 pianos.  I
just figure each stringing job with the cost of those 7-8 reels of wire and
let it go.
 I check occasionally and the figures of 7-8 holds up very well.
Jim Bryant (FL)