introducing myself

Jaume Fabregas fabregas@abaforum.es
Mon, 24 May 1999 22:14:22 +0200

------=_NextPart_001_0019_01BEA632.C6F6EF00
Hello,

    My name is Jaume Fabregas and last week I finished my MM in Piano at =
SMU in Dallas. I have been working with Mr. David Porritt between =
January 1998 and May1999 tuning some of the upright pianos at the =
Meadows School of the Arts and replacing broken strings.

    I wanted to ask how to protect felt from moth. Today I serviced a =
piano which was quite badly eaten and the owner was a little worried. I =
also wanted to ask if there is a relationship between moth and =
woodborer, should use some woodborer protection too?.

    I am going to replace the white keytopes in a piano for the first =
time and I would like to know what do you recommend for a beginner, if =
use those that come with top and front together or replace only the tops =
(the fronts are in good shape). Any information on how to remove the old =
tops, which kind of glue should I use for the new ones and how to file =
them would be deeply appreciated.

    Thank you very much,

Jaume F=E0bregas i Marcet
Apartat 321