longitudinal mode vibrations

Roger Jolly baldyam@sk.sympatico.ca
Mon, 24 May 1999 14:33:41

Hi Richard,
            These 5 lectures was given to the Royal society in Sweden, and
also the Acustical Society of America in the early sixties. Many of his
discoveries lead to a number of US patents for the manufacture of bass
strings, and bridge's. Quite a bit of imformation is availiable from the
patent office, also listed is some scorce biographies.
Roger

At 10:00 PM 5/24/99 +0200, you wrote:

>Östen Häggmark wrote:
>
>> Hello everyone,
>>
>> >The steel a string is made of, is very dense, so I don't think you get
>> >mutch
>> >longitudinal vibration there, or maybe only in very high frequencies.
>> >(>5000 Hz?)
>> >
>> >Jos.
>>
>> In Harold Conklin's article in "Five lectures on the acoustics if the
>> piano" edited by Askenfelt, he defines longitudal modes of vibration
>> as:
>>
>> "/Östen Häggmark
>> Stockholm, Sweden
>
>This looks like an interesting book. Anybody know where I can order a copy
>?
>
>Richard Brekne

Roger Jolly
Balwin Yamaha Piano Centres.