vertical dampers

Greg Newell gnewell@EN.COM
Mon, 24 May 1999 23:42:46 -0400

Brenda ,
    I've encountered quite a few kawai pianos with a ringing in the damper
stop rail. It's the same rail that used to have the hammer butt spring in
it. Anyway it's made of steel and rings like crazy on a good solid hammer
blow. I never spent much time on a cure because I never had a customer ask
about it so I figured ... don't fix what aint broken.
                                                            Greg Newell