Cleaning the plate

Wed, 26 May 1999 22:11:19 -0400

TSP works real well (available at hardware, paint and grocery stores),
rinse w/water, dry well, including Wim's suggestion of air.  A maroon or
grey Scotchbrite pad does a good job of smoothing and deglossing for
better adhesion of the new material.  If there is contamination (fish
eyes, etc) shellac is a wonderful barrier coat between the contaminants
and your top coats.

Mark Potter
bases-loaded@juno.com