losing RPT status

Bdshull@AOL.COM Bdshull@AOL.COM
Thu, 27 May 1999 22:41:27 EDT

Hi, John:

I knew I was going to do a little extra work for that mis-post....

<< Is that all it takes to lose RPT status? Why is that--is it because if one
 does not pay dues, he is no longer "registered" with the PTG?

Do you have to go back and take all the tests again, too?>>

Indeed.  But that is only fair.  Membership comes with dues and
qualifications in most any organization.  The PTG demands little of the
Associate Member other than reasonable dues and respect for the code of
ethics, but in order to be an RPT you must take and pass the tests at 80% or
more.  I have, in the past, advocated periodic re-testing, so I shouldn't be
too disturbed if I have to re-test, now, should I?   Either way, I am glad to
be a participant again - there are many perks, such as Dale Probst (on behalf
of his chapter) sending me the 5 years of Journals I didn't receive while "on
the lam" with the PTG - thank you, Dale!

Now if I could just keep that mouse off the "send" icon long enough to be
sure the e-mail is properly addressed....

Bill Shull, currently an Associate Member...

 Curious,

 John Formsma