Why go when you know?

Brian Trout btrout@desupernet.net
Thu, 27 May 1999 22:46:48 -0400

Wim wrote:
>Why go when you know? Because you'll never know everything. And when you
know
>everything, then you can stop going.  But how will you know if you know
>everything?
>There is only one way to find out, and that is to go to a convention, and
>attend every class you can, especially those where you think you know
>everything. When you come away from those classes not having learned
>something, then, maybe, you're ready to retire from attending.

Hi Wim,
Thanks for your post.  Good thoughts there.  But I wanted to say...

If there are people who are that advanced in their education that they
haven't much more to learn,  I hope they will not stay away, but rather
TEACH the rest of us from their wells of knowledge.

I love to learn.  Learning something new gives me a real boost in the morale
department.  And I can imagine that teaching someone something new must also
be exhilarating.  I hope to explore that end of the spectrum someday.
(Perhaps the more I learn, the more I'll be able to share with others.)

Thanks,

Brian Trout
Quarryville, Pa.