Tilting on the lyre

Wimblees@AOL.COM Wimblees@AOL.COM
Fri, 28 May 1999 09:25:32 EDT

klavier@annap.infi.net writes:

<< Earlier this week I sent a M&H AA to the West Coast.  The cross-country
professional piano movers seemed extremely competent, and were obviously
experienced, but they did one thing that I wonder about.  They tilted the
piano on the lyre.  Is this good practice?  Any opinions?

 Frank Weston >>

I have seen many piano movers use the lyre as a fulcrum to set the piano up,
and also take it down. I have been leery of this practice, but since so many
of them do it, I guess it's all right. I personally never do it.

Willem Blees