Customer Repairs I've Seen and some awful repairs by tech??

PIANO2NR@AOL.COM PIANO2NR@AOL.COM
Fri, 28 May 1999 23:05:27 EDT

I was called to fix a piano the lady had said was repaired by another tech
three times and still wasn't working. S&C spinet with center pins falling out
of the hammer flanges.  Instead of repinning, this guy had attached
straightened paper clips to the hammer rail to act as guide rails between the
hammer shanks. The bad thing is this guy is an associate member of our
chapter.  I have seen and heard of lots other shoddy work by this guy. The
stickers he leaves in pianos say he is a guild member, that's it.  No mention
of being an associate I also mentioned it to our chapter president.  What is
involved in getting an incompetent tech removed from our midst?

Randy Mangus,RPT