lost motion changing

David Renaud studiorenaud@qc.aibn.com
Sat, 29 May 1999 02:37:37 -0700

Wimblees@AOL.COM wrote:

> << here was
>  lost motion everywhere. I adjusted the lost motion in the middle third
>  of the piano and will check it again soon to see if it changes. (didn't
>  have time to adjust the whole piano)
>
>  Any ideals what could have happened?  This has never happened before.
>  Is there any way to tighten up the capstans? (I can hear it now..."CA
>  glue, Frank!")
>
>  This is so strange.  >>

Once many moons ago when I was young and foolish( I'm now a little
older and foolish) I did a nice regulation on a small upright, moved it a few
inches, and everything changed, lots of lost motion etc., what was going on.
The piano apparently had been dropped hard enough in the move that the sides had
become loose enough for the piano frame-board-plate
was tilting forward slightly within its furniture assembly.

Never be caught again by travel'n keybed.

                                                      Dave Renaud
                                                      RPT
                                                      Canada
       Another lesson from the school of hard knocks