Customer Repairs I've Seen and some awful repairs by tech??

Thomas D. Seay t.seay@mail.utexas.edu
Sat, 29 May 1999 10:01:36 -0500

>In article <33be8d3c.2480b377@aol.com>, PIANO2NR@AOL.COM writes
>>I was called to fix a piano the lady had said was repaired by another tech
>>three times and still wasn't working. S&C spinet with center pins falling
>>out
>>of the hammer flanges.  Instead of repinning, this guy had attached
>>straightened paper clips to the hammer rail to act as guide rails between
>>the
>>hammer shanks. The bad thing is this guy is an associate member of our
>>chapter.  I have seen and heard of lots other shoddy work by this guy. The
>>stickers he leaves in pianos say he is a guild member, that's it.  No
>>mention
>>of being an associate I also mentioned it to our chapter president.  What is
>>involved in getting an incompetent tech removed from our midst?
>>
>>Randy Mangus,RPT

Randy,

Might not this topic be more appropriate on ptg-l instead of pianotech,
since it involves potential ethics violations by a member of PTG?

You might consider redirecting any further discussion of this matter to
ptg-l, as the home office regularly monitors that list and they would be in
a much better position to offer advice as to the options you and your
chapter might have in dealing with this individual.

Tom Seay, RPT
mailto:t.seay@mail.utexas.edu