Squeezing Baldwin L into elevator/difficult piano moves

Conrad Hoffsommer hoffsoco@luther.edu
Sun, 30 May 1999 06:40:55 -0500 (CDT)

At 00:13 5/30/99 EDT, you wrote:
>In a message dated 5/25/99 10:03:06 PM Pacific Daylight Time, ilvey@jps.net

><< > get a 9' Bosendorfer to the 38th floor of the Hilton....

>I have footage of a Steinway Grand being lifted by helicopter to the top of a

A number of years ago a benefactor gave my college a Steinway D. All I had
to do was fetch it from a 7th floor apartment.  Not unusual for NY or
Philly, but I made the Des Moines evening news with a crane taking it off
the balcony.

It really is an awesome sight seeing that swinging in the air!

Conrad Hoffsommer     mailto:hoffsoco@luther.edu

Tell the truth: there's less to remember.