NPR in Houston

Avery Todd atodd@UH.EDU
Mon, 31 May 1999 07:48:22 -0500

List,

   In case you're interested and read this in time, as part of "Performance
Today", National Public Radio will be broadcasting this morning from the
Moores Opera House at the University of Houston. Today, one of our piano
faculty, Betty Ruth Tomfohrde, is the pianist in a Faure quartet. Tomorrow,
James Dick will be the pianist. NPR is in town for a live broadcast of a
performance tonight of the Brahms Requiem with Christoph Eschenbach who's
leaving the Houston Symphony as Conductor.
   Check your local listings to see when these are being broadcast in your
area. The live feed at UH is at 8:00 AM but it may be taped for later
broadcast in your area.
   Here's your chance to hear one of "my" pianos in performance. In any
comments made later, please be gentle. :-) Hope you enjoy it.

mailto:atodd@uh.edu

Avery Todd, RPT
Moores School of Music
University of Houston