phantom serial number

Wimblees@AOL.COM Wimblees@AOL.COM
Sun, 31 Oct 1999 20:21:35 EST

nossaman@SOUTHWIND.NET writes:

<< Thank you Wim, I didn't know that. I'll check it when I get the chance. Now
 for the next question. Why was this done this way? I can't imagine that
 Baldwin has gone to easily removable stickers as serial number IDs on all
 their new grands. Besides being just too rinkey dink, it would make store
 floor stock inventory and tracking impossible with every little sociopathic
 crumb snatcher that wanders through randomly swapping identities among the
 pianos. If it's not the norm for all the grands, why was it done in this
case?

 Still spooked.

 Ron N >>

This is why I said to check with Baldwin. The "normal" place is in the V area
between treble and bass pins. Was this a "new" piano?

Wim