"pounding"

BopPiano@AOL.COM BopPiano@AOL.COM
Mon, 1 Nov 1999 00:02:31 EST

Susan,
                                            I have been working especially
hard to miminize the amount of pounding necessary to achieve a stable tuning
for some time - especially since using an ETD.  With much improved hammer
technique, my tunings are far faster and far more stable.  I can tell you
that a long day with stubborn pianos that ends in a lot of pounding and my
ears are so oversensitive that a whisper sounds like a gunshot.  Yes it is
real pain.  I rarely have days like that but in my earlier times I sure did.
                                     Gary Ford

 Boston