Samick warranty work

Wimblees@AOL.COM Wimblees@AOL.COM
Mon, 1 Nov 1999 00:42:32 EST

In a message dated 10/31/99 11:35:06 PM !!!First Boot!!!, jfa19@IDT.NET
writes:

<< I have mixed feelings about the situation and I'm sure all of you good
 people can see many of the ramifications involved. Not the least of
 which I feel is the potential loss of credibility as a qualified
 technician to do what I consider very minor work. However, the Samick
 warranty does specify that at its option any warranty work may be done
 at a facility of their choice, which may indeed be a Samick facility.

 Comments please.

 Joseph Alkana RPT

Joseph

I think you owe it to the customer to explain the situation. I would suggest
you tell him/her exactly the problem, but don't become the middle man. You'll
wind up spending time for which you will never get paid.  Let them suggest
legal action. Let them complain to Samick. Let them compalin to the new local
dealer. Just stand ready to give them advice from the technical end.

Good luck.

Willem Blees