Samick Warranty work

Mark Bolsius markbolsius@optusnet.com.au
Mon, 01 Nov 1999 17:14:41 +1100

Warranty work is definitely up to the company footing the bill. As long as
the company is paying it should be the one to decide who, where and how
warranty stuff should be carried out. I can't see the problem.

I know we'd like the work, and we know we often do a better job than what is
"satisfactory" in the eyes of the company. For example, hard knuckles often
get replaced with hard knuckles, whereas, we'd replace them with a higher
quality product to _solve_ the problem, but consequently we end up charging
more than the company is prepared to pay, therefore not getting the
work....who wants the work anyway at those prices.

BTW, I can't agree with Arthur about suing them, you just end up as a tech
on the "never use this guy again" list at Samick. If you can enjoy your
higher status with your customer, because you are too good (expensive) for
Samick to use,
and haven't ruffled feathers at Samick you look good to everyone. While you
didn't do the knuckle job, why would you at $160!? You still end servicing
the piano

Cheers
Mark Bolsius
Bolsius Piano Services