Customer's legs too long

DaveAAAP@AOL.COM DaveAAAP@AOL.COM
Mon, 1 Nov 1999 16:23:02 EST

  I have a customer with the longest shins I've ever seen on anyone in my
life.  He has to turn his leg sideways to reach the sustain pedal on a grand
and has subsequently worn holes in his pants adjacent to his knees.  I figure
he needs at least 4 more inches to even clear the keybed.
  I don't think an elevated spider would help an awful lot cause then the
pedals would be too high to be practical.  I'd hate to go through the trouble
of having custom legs and a longer lyre built if there may be a simple
solution.  Any thoughts on this subject?

Dave Streit
AAA Piano Service
Beaverton, OR