"pounding" and ear-plugs

John Ross piano.tech@ns.sympatico.ca
Mon, 01 Nov 1999 17:49:15 -0400

Hi Susan,
I went to that Audioligist special they had in Providence. It seemed to me that
the moulded musicians ear plugs were 15db or 35db. Also they were quite
expensive.
I think that is too much of a drop in volume.
I ended up buying the 12db ones from Pianotek for $12 US, I think it was. I have
been very pleased with them.
I too tune in practise rooms, and it was too loud. I have a mild case of
tinitus, so I want to protect what I have left.
Regards,
John M. Ross
Windsor, Nova Scotia, Canada.