pounding

JIMRPT@AOL.COM JIMRPT@AOL.COM
Tue, 2 Nov 1999 08:11:08 EST

In a message dated 11/02/1999 2:13:06 AM, Carmen wrote:

<<"Some of our colleagues have stated that the "pounding" can be minimized
with a refined hammer technique.
   Question:  Can the pounding ALSO be minimized with a safe bearing
lubricant?">>

Carmen;
  I'm one of the guilty parties.  My last tuning yesterday was a YC of about
15 years old.  This instrument has always been a problem with rendering but
yesterday it was particularly bad and without exagerating "too" much some of
the pins/strings took a 1/8th turn before they decided to move. (I suppose it
was the dragon making me support my words:)
  I am going back later this week with my ProTec and apply it to all the
bearing points and retune, as I am not really very pleased with the tuning of
 the danged thingee as is. :-(
Jim Bryant (FL)