"pounding"

Ron Nossaman nossaman@SOUTHWIND.NET
Tue, 02 Nov 1999 12:22:20 -0600

>Ron I think I agree with you, so take heart, you are not alone. You could
>always check to see if it is the front segment that does the rendering by
>gently tapping the strings to the side at the capo and seeing if the pitch
>drops as dramatically. Just a thought.
>Ken Jankura

Yea, well, that's the thing. When you can move the tuning hammer even the
tiniest bit and get a pitch change, it's already pretty obvious that the
string is rendering over everything this side of the bridge just fine.
Sometimes too easily. When that's the case, it's difficult not to leave the
segments nearly equal in tension, so the pitch drop under a hard blow
pretty much has to be coming through the bridge.

Ron N