Beat Generator for sale.

BSimon999@AOL.COM BSimon999@AOL.COM
Tue, 2 Nov 1999 23:30:42 EST

Someone wrote;

<< I always wanted to build a "beat generator"  but never got around to it. >>

I have two "Beat Generators",  so one can be "for sale."  They were made
specifically for teaching temperament beat rates and could be used to set a
temperament aurally, and were sold by some piano supply house in the 70's for
$20.00 to $30.00 . --I think!  I am not sure if they were made by Francis
MeHaffey ( I think so -?? ) or someone else.

The unit  is about the size of a pack of cigarettes, 1x2x3 inches, aluminum
case, on and off and volume control, has a switch to switch between  7, 8,
and 9 beats per second, and has three adjustable dashpots inside. Kind of a
historical item. (The 15 volt Eveready  battery  is dead, so it does not
currently work,  but the unit worked the last time I put a fresh battery in.)

Best e-mail offer over a dollar (((( MAKE  ONLY  ONE  BID! - your first bid
is final, no raising of that bid is allowed - to be most fair to everyone
))))  by noon November 8th can have one, plus $2.00 postage for USA. Send bid
directly to BSimon999@aol.com

Just kind of a fun item.

Sincerely,
Bill Simon