Steinway Square regulation

Patrick C. Poulson ppoulson@jps.net
Wed, 03 Nov 1999 09:51:14 +0000

Hello Piano Techs1 I have a customer who, for basically historical reasons,
has an 1864 Steinway square piano. It's still tunable, and I have been
servicing it for several years.  I just took the action into the shop to
replace all the silk cords that tie onto the jack springs, as they were
snapping repeatedly in use.  Now I have to fiqure out how to get it back
into proper regulation. I had to take the hammer rail off to get at the
jacks, and its one much farther out of regulation than I anticipated.  Any
body know any thing about regulating this beast?  Thanks, Patrick Poulson,
RPT