Grand touch

Paul S. Larudee larudee@pacbell.net
Thu, 04 Nov 1999 08:16:10 -0800

Jon Page wrote:

> Reducing strikeweight has a direct relation to touchweight to the degree
> of action leverage (Strike Ratio). On a 5:1 ratio, reducing SW by 1 gr
> reduces Touchweight by 5gr. Weight has no bearing on aftertouch.
> Aftertouch is a product of geometry and regulation.

> ><< David C. Stanwood wrote:
> > >
> > > Dear Kristinn,
> > >
> > > Reducing the striking distance would be at the bottom of my list of
> > > choices.  Actions may be made light enough by other means.
> >
> > Why would changing the striking distance change the weight anyway?
> >
> > Paul S. Larudee, RPT
> > Richmond, CA
> >  >>

> Jon Page,  Harwich Port,  Cape Cod,  Mass.  mailto:jpage@capecod.net
Jon,

My question had to do with strike distance, not strike weight.  When
Kristinn proposed reducing strike distance, I think he also had in mind
to compensate with key dip and all the other adjustments.  As far as I
can see, that would only make for shallower dip and reduced dynamics and
not change the weight at all.  I agree that the best way to reduce
touchweight is often to reduce strike weight, depending upon other
factors.

Paul S. Larudee, RPT
Richmond, CA