Boston

Tom Cole tcole@cruzio.com
Thu, 04 Nov 1999 20:13:26 -0800

Kristinn,

I've had a similar problem with a Boston GP178 in the bottom of the
tenor. The sustain is alright (although I had to iron the first two
tenor hammers to even up the tone) but there was a faint, cyclical buzz
that made me think of a sitar. Looking at the bridge, I noticed that the
notching was very shallow - kind of a slight bevel rather than the usual
scooped away notches.

So, you might want to look closely at the bridge as well as the capo.
Let us know what you find.

Tom

--
Thomas A. Cole, RPT