Noisy Steinway Wippens

RptBob1@AOL.COM RptBob1@AOL.COM
Thu, 4 Nov 1999 23:21:48 EST

Hi List:
Came across a 1975 Steinway with teflon bushings today.  Wippens in the bass
area were especially noisy.  Almost sounded like wood banging against wood.
After tightening all action screws in the area, the noise was still there.  I
checked for keybed noise and it was   not that.  Is my diagnosis of it being
the teflon centers the problem or what else should I look for? If it is the
teflon bushings, what can be done other than replacing the really noisy
wippens?
Bob Bergantino, RPT
Willoughby Hills, Ohio