Strike Weight

David C. Stanwood Stanwood@tiac.net
Fri, 05 Nov 1999 08:02:41 -0500

Richard,

Strike Weight is a term I came up with.  It the weight of a hammer resting
on it's tail on a digital scale with the flange resting on a roller bearing
with the shank horizontal and the flange tipped up.  The first mention is
in the PTG Journal June 1996 "The New Touch weight Metrology"  By David C.
Stanwood.
It offers a way of assessing hammer weight "On the shank".

The setup has bee upgraded from that publication and may be viewed at:
http://www.tiac.net/users/stanwood/swsetup.gif

Let me know if you can access this drawing ok.

Thanks,

David C. Stanwood