Yamaha Duplex Scale

Mark Bolsius markbolsius@optusnet.com.au
Sat, 06 Nov 1999 11:46:04 +1100

>  As for the Yamaha specifically, measure them and compare
> against the speaking lengths. Then do the math. Or pluck and ponder.
>

> Ron N

I can see the point of the original question, and it's not a stupid one!

The back duplex pitches seem to be consistently a semitone out from what you
expect. I don't have a Yamaha grand within easy reach to check this on, so I
couldn't tell you if it's a semitone up or down but it's very
consistent...not a mistake.

Whereas Fazioli will tune those cute little gizmo's perfectly to whatever
they have decided on each part of the piano.

Curious...

Cheers
Mark Bolsius
Bolsius Piano Services