Plastic Spinet Elbows (Old Topic unsent)

rchayden1@juno.com rchayden1@juno.com
Sat, 6 Nov 1999 07:25:16 -0800

I took an old set of needle nose pliers, bent and sharpened the tip into
to jaws, and use that to 'chomp' out the remaining piece in the whippen.
It will even bite out gummy parts.

Then I take the threaded end of the wire, hit the switch on my cordless
and let it get a grip on the threads.  Grasping the other end with
pliers, put the cordless in reverse and back out the old plastic end. (If
it didn't fall off or crush of easily.)  Then, hit forward on the
cordless and turn in the new plastic elbow.  Loosen the chuck's grip on
the threads, each unit is done in seconds.

I have never found any replacement elbows broken.  Replacing with wood
for sake of permanence, well there's not much music left in many of these
plasticized 50's pianos anyway.  Corners were cut everywhere, not just at
the elbows.  (Almost a pun.)

Roger C. Hayden, RPT