Yamaha Duplex Scale

Wallace Wilson wilson53@MARSHALL.EDU
Sat, 06 Nov 1999 08:02:35 -0500

Mark,
        At one of the conventions during the past couple years, I
observed a
demonstration of the Franklin Duplex Slider.  There are all kinds of
ways, of course, to move duplexes.  He includes w his tool a book that
gives duplex lengths for all the pianos he could find.
        I'm not plugging this thingee.  I am asking if others have used
it to
good advantage, or whether his book of duplex lengths is too mechanistic
to be valuable.  As Mark observes, many mfgs set up their duplexes to
pitches other than what one would expect.  I expect their reasons may be
anything from gaining maximum tone and ring to poor planning.  Comments?

--Wally Wilson, RPT
  Ravenswood, WV