Question: What's the difference?

Wimblees@AOL.COM Wimblees@AOL.COM
Sat, 6 Nov 1999 19:02:41 EST

In a message dated 11/6/99 5:31:57 PM !!!First Boot!!!, pno2nr1@juno.com
writes:

<< I've wondered what is it about the
 electonic sounds that make my ears want to squirm and run away.  The
 sounds seem hollow, tasteless... >>

I would guess that the "pianist" is a young lady. I have a theory. The sound
produced by the electronic instruments is more akin to the sound produced by
the electronic bands young people listen to on recordings. When one listens
to a sound of a recording, one would tend to like that sound, as opposed to
other sounds, produced by "live" instruments.

As far as her "ear" is concerned. It is amazing how many "professional"
musicians do not have an inkling to what "in tune" is supposed to sound like.
Again, it is probably what they listened to when growing up. If one grows up
learning to play an out of tune piano, or play in an out of tune band, then
that is all they know.

Unfortunately, I don't think there is anything you can do to change the
situation.

Just my 2 cents worth.

Willem