Screw Stringer

Jim Coleman, Sr. pianotoo@imap2.asu.edu
Sat, 06 Nov 1999 23:02:50 -0700 (MST)

Hi Arthur:

Schaaf does carry the item. It is normally used to regulate letoff on
grand pianos with the eyescrew adjustment, but it is called an M&H wrench.

The most important tip in tuning is to approach the pitch from below. Do
not try to tune above and then settle as you normally would with regular
tuning pins. Use a firm keyblow as you approach the pitch.

Jim Coleman, Sr.