More on digital sampling

JIMRPT@AOL.COM JIMRPT@AOL.COM
Sun, 7 Nov 1999 16:21:24 EST

<<"do resample each note several times across the dynamic
spectrum and use a *mathematic table to smooth out the transitions* that
occur
in between those samples">>

John;
 Yes there are some very good EPs on the market but............your own words
indicate one just one of the reasons why there is the "sameness" in an EP.
Remember Kris's original question was, <<"Maybe I really am nuts... but maybe
not ?  It seems to me that there is a definite difference between the sound
of an electronic "piano"  and a REAL piano.">>, and not whether or not
Manufacturers were trying hard to produce better/more/in depth sampling,
without a doubt they are...however there is a reason the process is called
"sampling" :-)
Jim Bryant (FL)