Note in an octave

Clyde Hollinger cedel@supernet.com
Mon, 08 Nov 1999 23:42:34 -0500

Jim,

It's pretty obvious to me that your answer was wrong, but the question is, what
would be right?  The question is strange, maybe even stupid.  You could ask any
number of music theorists this question, and most likely they would ask what
you mean or want further clarification before responding.

There is what is called the whole tone scale, which would indeed have six whole
steps; for instance, C, D, E, F#, G#, A#, then back to C.  So I suppose six is
the correct answer, but the question still seems odd to me.

Clyde Hollinger, M.M. in Music Education