Third-string catchers

Paul S. Larudee larudee@pacbell.net
Mon, 08 Nov 1999 20:50:36 -0800

John R Fortiner wrote:

He/she will have to be dead to not see it.

John,

He can see the ailment when I point it out, and I'm sure he will be able
to see the difference when it's fixed.  However, it doesn't mean
anything to him.  It's just a bunch of complicated parts, and he's only
concerned about making the piano sound better.  What he doesn't realize
is that some of the ugly sounds he's hearing are from bobbling hammers
and are not going to get fixed by tuning.  In fact, the main reason I
pointed out the problem is so that he doesn't interpret it as poor
tuning.  I'm not sure it worked, but given his level of ability I'd be
shocked if he would foot the bill for a recovering job, which is why I
wanted to propose a low cost alternative.  Your assessment may not be
that far off.  Best to wait for a complaint and then explain what is
needed to fix it.

Paul