Squeaking knuckles/Squeaking U1 capstans, Roger?

Tom Cole tcole@cruzio.com
Mon, 08 Nov 1999 20:49:07 -0800

Roger, thanks for the powdered Teflon techniques.

Bill Spurlock has talked about his two-step method which is to coat the
knuckles with powder and follow up with a spraying of TFL 50 or similar
lube. The binding agents in the spray will increase the longevity of the
powder treatment, the theory goes.

I've done this several times but have not had the presence of mind to
determine, in subsequent tunings, how long-lasting this treatment is. It
might work as good as finger sweat, though, especially on a cold day.

Why do you use the suede brush on the wip _cloth_ but switch to 220 grit
to rough up the "suede"? I think I know the answer but it did strike me
as ironic.

Tom

--
Thomas A. Cole, RPT