CLP takes on crunchy snow and loses (almost)

Tom Cole tcole@cruzio.com
Tue, 09 Nov 1999 15:44:58 -0800

Newton Hunt wrote:

> Use Teflon spray, with WD-40 button and tube, depress damper pedal,
> spray damper lift rod and damper felt from under neat.  No action
> removal.

Wait a minute. You're saying that you buy a can of WD-40, liberate the
cap and tube, then _throw away_ the can and its contents?

That's what I thought you said. Hmmm. Good idea!

Getting back to the original querie, the phrase crunchy snow makes me
think noisy damper springs. Slowly pull back on individual dampers,
especially bass dampers, with a finger and if there is a chattery feel,
bingo. Lube the spring slots.

Tom
--
Thomas A. Cole, RPT