Quikset on bridge?

John M. Formsma jformsma@dixie-net.com
Tue, 9 Nov 1999 22:04:35 -0600

List,

Was wondering if tuning pin tightener applied to bridge pins would stop the
false beats caused by slightly loose pins.  I had this thought that it might
work, and tonight I was looking in the APSCO catalog for an unrelated
thing--saw that they advertise that their "Quikset" (p. 47) will work on
loose bridge pins.  Has anyone here tried that?  What were the results?
What about discoloration from Quikset?  They say that "Quikset will not
cause wood to rot or metal to rust."

I've used CA for bridge pins before, and that works well.  If this Quikset
works as well, seems like that would be much easier.

Any other good techniques for loose bridge pins besides CA and replacement?

Thanks.

John Formsma
Blue Mountain, MS

A non-text attachment was scrubbed...