Knabe Double Flanges

ANRPiano@AOL.COM ANRPiano@AOL.COM
Wed, 10 Nov 1999 07:25:11 EST

In a message dated 11/10/99 12:45:07 AM Central Standard Time, elee@amug.org
writes:

 From:  elee@amug.org (Eliot Lee)

    I was wondering if anyone can sell/trade/swap some double flanges
 to fit a 100 year old Knabe upright.  They aren't the same as sold by
 supply houses.  Damper spring is on a separate pin unlike the
 Steinway/double flanges at supply houses. Also the dimensions are
 different.  I have used CA glue to hold broken flanges, but they seem to be
 splitting again when tightening the screw.  Any suggestions?

Eliot,
This is one of the joys of rebuilding 100 year old instruments.  While it
would be nice to just slap on some new parts and have everything come out
fine this is often not the case.  Take some time and play around with the new
parts and see if they can't be made to work.  You may have to move the
location of the action, action rails, change jack sizes, etc.

Good luck and enjoy the learning process.  You'll come out with a better
understanding of upright action geometry.

Andrew Remillard