FAC database

John Ross piano.tech@ns.sympatico.ca
Thu, 11 Nov 1999 10:42:31 -0400

Hi List,
I have questions regarding saving of FAC #'s.
I have found FAC #'s are different on pianos of the same make and model,
so there is nothing gained by saving the numbers.
I found the FAC #'s seem to change from season to season on the same
piano.
I would like to know, the why on this one. I think it would have to do
with the humidity. I can take the FAC #'s 2 or 3 times in the one day
and they are the same so I don't think it is my tecnique.  I am not
talking about differences of .1 or .2 cents either.
These pianos include concert grands, and are in a University.
I meant to tabulate the FAC's and humidity, but I keep on forgetting.
I think the FAC tunings Al supplies are averages of a few.
Regards,
John M. Ross
Windsor, Nova Scotia, Canada