Harpsichord info appreciated

Robert Goodale rrg@nevada.edu
Thu, 11 Nov 1999 07:50:29 -0600

These are very old and have been beat up as would be expected in a
university environment.  The last real overhaul was about fourteen years
ago, I am told.  There is even talk about possibly trading both of them
in for one nicer one, who knows.  At any rate these have those awful
oblong tuning pins that require a Handle.  At the very least I am going
to have those replaced with square pins.  I know I could restring the
things myself and probably make some other major improvement.  Truth be
known I really don't want to do it.  I like the idea of someone else
being tortured.  I've had enough past experience with these things!

Rob Goodale, RPT
Las Vegas, NV

"To a five-year-old with a hammer, everything looks like a nail."