FAC database

BSimon999@AOL.COM BSimon999@AOL.COM
Fri, 12 Nov 1999 01:54:50 EST

First,
Thanks to  all who contributed comments about FAC numbers and a possible
database.

<< I have found FAC #'s are different on pianos of the same make and model,
so there is nothing gained by saving the numbers. I found the FAC #'s seem to
change from season to season on the same piano.>>

I determine the FAC number at the start of every tuning and halfway through
after a bit of a pitch change, and most often find the FAC numbers have
"progressed" a bit.  In fact, I find it unusual when they ever match the last
tuning done  months previously.

I agree now that it is  useless to try to find "average" FAC numbers for
cheap pianos, but thought I would ask. ( I once found a "F" number of 29
cents on a real dog, and I know everything above 15 cents is actually entered
as a 15.)

 <<Jim Coleman - "I really like the way that the new SAT III is equipped to
handle these problems in a systematic way. I will soon publish a paper on the
way I handle Acrosonic spinets. The Wurlitzer spinet requires a slightly diffe
rent approach. Both of these pianos can be easily tweaked with the new Double
Octave stretch control during the tuning of the pianos. ">>

Excellent!

Thanks again,

Bill Simon
Phoenix