A message from the Estonia Piano Factory

JCCORDOGAN@AOL.COM JCCORDOGAN@AOL.COM
Fri, 12 Nov 1999 01:52:13 EST

The President of the Estonia Piano Factory (NYC resident and recent PhD
recipient at Juilliard) asked that I forward this message, as he is not a
subscriber to this list but has been notified of listee's concerns...

John Cordogan

Cordogan's Pianoland and  Cordogan's Piano Gallery
Illinois' Largest Piano Store
"More pianos than you can shake a leveling stick at"
Chicagoland's Kawai, Sauter, Estonia and Kemble dealer
www.chicagopianos.com

<<Dear PTG technicians,
Thank you very much for your kind comments on the ESTONIA pianos, and to all
our ESTONIA fans  - thank you very much for your support to our instruments.

ESTONIA pianos come from the Republic of Estonia, a nation of 1.5 million
people on the eastern shore of the Baltic states. Despite several foreign
dominations and European wars, the piano making, that was started back in
1779, has still successfully continued. After the WW II, Estonia was
forcefully occupied into the Soviet Union. During that period, as with many
products of the former USSR, the quality reflected that of the political
situation. However, through its own language, culture and traditions, Estonia
was able to continue its identity and gain full freedom again in 1991.

In the last 8 years the Republic of Estonia, as well as its pianos, have
changed tremendously. The piano factory - AS Estonia Klaverivabrik - was
privatized, and the new owners and managers introduced new models of 5'4 and
5'6, made over 40 changes towards higher quality in our 6'3" model and about
as many changes to the 9'0" grands. New artisans and technicians got hired,
so did many new suppliers, and today we are talking of the new ESTONIA
pianos. This has brought so much excitement to dealers and technicians that
our factory's orders have increased over 400 % in the last four years, and
that while only increasing the quality.

The emphasis of superb tonal qualities, keyboard touch, of quality European
components and of the old-fashioned good name reputation - these are all part
of the Estonia pianos. Therefore, in case you need some help or assistance
with your questions, be it information in general, related to tuning and
regulation, parts, supplies, or the location of our dealers, please find here
our e-mail address: epfactory@aol.com (in the USA) or epfactory@online.ee (in
Estonia).  We are glad to assist you.

With best wishes,

Dr. Indrek Laul,