Tuning Pins

Clark caccola@net1plus.com
Fri, 12 Nov 1999 04:39:34 -0200

I think Vose had tapered pins through the '20's; Henry F. Miller used them
later also.

We were given an abandoned square project that came with ca. 1970 new tapered
pins from a supply house, though they are much too large for this instrument
they will find their way into an appropriate piano.

Maybe a screw maker could turn normal pins down, maybe a screw maker could sell
new tapered pins - I'd buy them. Otherwise, I'll be recycling the sets I
replace.

They're easy to spot - pitch lowering with a nominally tight tapered pin by
about 1/4 turn will make it very loose.

Clark