How does CA cure?

Robert Scott rscott@wwnet.net
Fri, 12 Nov 1999 10:21:10 -0500

The recent discussion on CA and tuning pins makes me wonder if I
understand how CA actually "cures".  What component of air makes CA
cure upon exposure?  (I think someone indicated it was the moisture in
the air that does it.)  And is there any difference in ultimate
strength between CA that has cured naturally and CA that has been
accelerated with a kicker?  For tuning pin applications, it would seem
that if you could wait a day or so, CA would definitely be done curing
even without a kicker.

-Robert Scott
 Ann Arbor, Michigan