pin blocks

JIMRPT@AOL.COM JIMRPT@AOL.COM
Fri, 12 Nov 1999 20:24:03 EST

In a message dated 11/12/1999 7:35:43 PM, Les B. wrote:

<<I'd like to hear some discussion of delignit pin blocks.>>

OK...........Think of all the pianos where you have complained about tight,
or jumpy, or snapping/cracking/popping pins....or pianos where the pins are
tight on one visit and loose on the next............now how many of those
were delignit blocks?
nough said ?
 Delignit can be an effacious material for pinblocks if all the precautions
of using it are scrupulously/meticulously followed, unfortunately this is
seldom the case.  Some techs love it and some have no opinion and some hate
it............I'm in the latter category :-)
Jim Bryant (FL)