Steinway Fallboard Question

Jeannie Grassi jgrassi@silverlink.net
Sat, 13 Nov 1999 10:46:46 -0800

Question from Lois Heindselman, RPT, who is not online:

In all my years of being a piano technician, I've never seen an article or
attended a class about opening pianos with weird designs. I've been at this
for 30 years and yesterday, I came across a grand that I couldn't open.

Does anyone want to comment on ideas for Lois as well as helping Clyde with
his S & S 1098?  Thanks for your collective wisdom.

Jeannie Grassi, RPT
Assistant Editor, Piano Technicians Journal
mailto:jgrassi@silverlink.net

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-pianotech@ptg.org [mailto:owner-pianotech@ptg.org]On Behalf
Of Clyde Hollinger
Sent: Friday, November 12, 1999 5:41 PM
To: pianotech@ptg.org
Subject: Steinway fallboard question

Friends,

I feel strange asking such a simple question, but how does one remove
the fallboard cover of a Steinway 1098 vertical piano (1995 vintage)?  I
wanted to today, and for the life of me I couldn't figure out how the
thing comes off.  I was afraid to tug too hard for fear I would break
something.  Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Clyde Hollinger